ELEMENT COLLEGE will deliver a radically relevant learning experience, fitting of the progressive and unique nature of the Noosa community.
Through partnership with Learnlife we join a global alliance of education innovators, to usher in a new learning paradigm where the pursuit of passions are prioritised in the quest for individual purpose, while combined with the real world application of essential 21st Century skills.
Element College aims to inspire learners in finding 'their element' and understanding how their uniqueness can positively impact the rapidly changing environments and economies of the future.
Let us empower our youth to thrive in an unknown, yet thrilling adventure called their future.
With the rapid pace of change, disruption and advancement within our global landscape, it is becoming clearer that we continue to educate our children to live in a world that simply - no longer exists.
The future holds infinite opportunity as well as uncertainty. Research encourages a redirection of intention in education toward the prioritisation of 21st Century skills and the development of personal attributes, rather than continuing to focus on content driven curriculum.
EMBRACING THE 6 C'S : Creativity, Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Character & Citizenship
Element College will create a learning ecosystem that is intentionally different.
We want to equip our learners with a deep sense of purpose and wellbeing so that they may thrive happily through contribution to community and earth while embracing a lifelong and lifewide love of learning.
Through partnership with Learnlife, we will deliver a learning experience with the learner firmly at centre, creating personal learning pathways and prioritising creativity, wellbeing, innovation and resilience.
WELLBEING AT CORE
- Social-emotional learning, soft skills in practice, cultivating positive relationships.
- Incorporating Australian Indigenous modalities of self care, earth care and spiritual connection to lay the foundations of culturally significant and personal wellbeing for learners living and learning upon Gubbi Gubbi / Kabi kabi land.
- Utilising current research in psychology, neuroscience, learning space architecture and building biology to create an optimal learning environment supportive of the health and wellbeing of the entire learning community.
- Actively cultivating an environment that is rich with opportunity for creative expression and exploration.
- Linking creative industries to tech industries in Noosa to leverage innovative, impactful change making.
- Celebration of creative risk, individual expression and cultural enrichment.
- Facilitating the exploration of passions in the pursuit of ones purpose. Using the Japanese "IKIGAI" philosophy to inspire the search for each learners 'reason for being'.
- Connecting learners to industry mentors.
- Promoting self directed learning and learning design.
- Deep knowledge and application of current and emerging technologies to support the expression and ambition of learners within a digital future.
- Partnering with industry and mentors, exploring real world application.
- Linking tech to creative expression, social and environmental impact, arming future change-makers with the tool kit for social influence.
- Nurturing a deep love, understanding and connection to our Noosa Biosphere and greater natural world.
- Prioritising learning from and within nature.
- Inspiring environmental stewardship and growing change-makers through inquiry based and purpose driven learning.
- Noosa is our classroom, the Biosphere is our backyard. We aim to dissolve traditional barriers separating 'school life' from 'real life' within the community.
- Embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of Noosa as a dynamic and thriving regional community. Instilling real world enterprise skills in our learners so that they may create a prosperous life and strengthen the future resilience of Noosa shire.
- Surf culture, environmental stewardship, creatives in residence, health and wellness, hospitality and eco tourism, regenerative food production, digital tech, film and media, Indigenous culture, lifestyle and entrepreneurial innovation.
- A commitment to cultivate and celebrate innovation within the learning community.
- Maintain a forward outlook globally, in an effort to keep pace with the rapidly changing global ecosystem.
- Foster agility, flexibility, adaptability and resilience within the growth of learners and learning guides; as well as within the operational structure of Element College.